mardi, septembre 11, 2007

9/11...Witnesses of the Pentagon crash describe seeing an aircraft very different from a Boeing 757

D. S. Khavkin
"...my husband and I heard an aircraft directly overhead. At first, we thought it was the jets that sometimes fly overhead. However, it appeared to be a small commercial aircraft." - BBC, More eyewitness accounts of the attack on the US (09/13/01)

Steve Patterson, 43, graphics artist
"He said the plane, which sounded like the high-pitched squeal of a fighter jet, flew over Arlington cemetary so low that he thought it was going to land on I-395. He said it was flying so fast that he couldn't read any writing on the side.The plane, which appeared to hold about eight to 12 people, headed straight for the Pentagon.
Then, he said, he saw the Pentagon "envelope" the plane and bright orange flames shoot out the back of the building." - Washington Post, 'Extensive Casualties' in Wake of Pentagon Attack (09/11/01)

Joel Sucherman, USA Today Editor
"I did not see the engines, I saw the body and the tail; and it was a silver jet with the markings along the windows that spoke to me as an American Airlines jet, this was not a commercial, excuse me, a business jet, it was not a lear jet, it was a bigger plane than that." - CNN video