dimanche, mars 04, 2007

FERGUSON'S GUILT AT QUEEN SCREENING


Flame-haired royal SARAH FERGUSON, DUCHESS OF YORK was wracked by guilt during a screening of acclaimed HELEN MIRREN movie THE QUEEN, because she worried she may have let the British monarch down. The film charts the royal crisis endured by QUEEN ELIZABETH II following the death of DIANA, PRINCESS OF WALES in 1997, and Ferguson admits it made uncomfortable viewing following her divorce from the Queen's son ANDREW in 1996. She says, "The Queen is one of the finest ladies I've ever met in my life. I'm so honoured to be able to say we are friends. I love her. She's given up her whole life to the country. "(While watching the movie) I started beating myself up a bit, because I started thinking, 'What a shame if I let her down in any way.'" Ferguson also lavishes praise on Mirren's performance in the film, but found the movie brought back difficult memories of Diana. She says, "I miss her, her humour. When I watched the film the other day and looked at her..."