samedi, novembre 11, 2006

A MAN OF WAR..A MAN OF PEACE..TWO YEARS AFTER YASSER ARAFAT..






Two years now after the death of a great leader. A man of war and a man of peace, Yasser Arafat, is great person. He becomes the Symbol of Palestine with his "koffiyeh" and his military uniform. When he died, two years ago, I have been surprised and shocked. It was ramadhan by the time and I was sleeping waiting for the coming of my friend to go out before the sunset. When he came with another friend, he opened the TV set. They were broadcasting the Holy Quran. I did not pay attention because it is ramadhan and it is usual to broadcast Quran, but what attracted my attention was when I heard my friend's friend saying: "damn!the world will be in mourn for more than a week now". I was in the W.C. washing my head. I run back into my room asking: "sorry!what have you said right now?". My friend looked at me and asked :"you were sleeping! do not tell me that..", I cut his words "do not tell me that Yasser Arafat has died?", he replied :"yes". I was shocked and I started crying. I have liked that man. I respect him. After attending his funeral, I paid a visit to the Palestinian Embassy in Tunis where I have paid tribute to a great leader, a man of war and a man of peace. God Bless you ya Abu Ammar.