samedi, mai 06, 2006

PRINCE HARRY SETS UP AIDS CHARITY


British royal PRINCE HARRY has launched a charity in memory of his late mother DIANA, PRINCESS OF WALES, which aims to help children orphaned by AIDS. Inspired by Diana's charitable legacy, the young prince co-founded the organisation with Lesotho royal PRINCE SEEISO and has named the charity Sentebale, which translates to "don't forget me". The 21-year-old says, "I am committed for the rest of my life." Prince Seeiso's mother QUEEN MAMOHATO was also a devoted charity campaigner before her 2003 death and Prince Harry hopes his common interest with the African royal will make them an unstoppable global force. He adds, "Sentebale is a way that both I and Prince Seeiso can relate to our mothers who were both in sort of the same jobs working with orphaned children. "Both our mothers were hugely connected with AIDS, especially the orphaned children. As I said last year, I wanted to carry on as best I could what she started."