lundi, mai 29, 2006

I, THE ADVOCACY AND THE TUNISIAN LEAGUE FOR THE HUMAN RIGHTS...

The current issue in Tunisia now is cncerning the future's advocacy institute. After negotiations and a back and forth between the State and the Tunisian Bar, the institute, which mission is to improve the Tunisian's lawyers skills, will see the sun next school year. But still problems to talk about. As I am working like a legal advisor and I will be a future lawyer, enshallah, here some guidlines to help you, readers.
*
BACKGROUND

It was said that the lawyers (about 4000, in the whole Tunisia) or some of them, are disliking the fact that the number of the lawyers is increasing in Tunisia, however the fields allowed to the lawyers to act in are too narrow. In fact, those lawyers are disliking the entrance of some lawyers without taking the national exma, which means, people like me, because we are students of Master.
So, they were screaming to unify the entrance to the advocacy by creating an institute.
Nevertheless, the bachelors (students with B.A), will be obligated to take a national exam to enter the institute to study for three years more and the students of master will enter automatically, but both will study in the institute.
I am not concerned because the law will be applicable after four years from now.

STATE's RESPONSE

with regard the lawyers' demands, specially the Bar, the Tunisian authorities reacted.
The first step was taken by His Excellency the President Ben Ali. He took a decision to enlarge the fields where lawyers can act onbehalf of their clients. His decision was well-welcomed, but as we are TUNISIANs, so we'd like more: the institute.
One time more, the state starts negotiations with the bar and with some lawyers.
But they reached a deadlock, because the State is liking to supervise the institute, which will be presided by a lawyer, however the bar is liking to manage the institute solely and to fund it from foreign contribution. Can you imagine? A national institute will be funded by foreing contributors who may be against Tunisia or unknown to us. May I have confidence in such institute?
More, if the institute will be managed by the Bar, who can trust the Law & politics' students of their entrance to the institute? Experience shew us that the bar is controlling when to open or not the national examination for the advocacy entrance (CAPA), now they will be monopolling the institute.
I SAY NO. Although the State's gap, I prefer the State to manage the institute because the State is more secure that private.
I say to the Bar, it is time to re-study their policy. I know that they are not sharing me my ideology, I am not, either.
*
PENDING &...

It is said that some file are pending like health security cover for the lawyers, but I still determined that the best way is negotiation with the authorities, because Tunisia is for all.
*
LTDH
*
The topic in Tunisia now is the general congress of the Tunisian League for Human Rights (LTDH).
I do not know the real fact but I am sure that no side is telling the truth. Some are wanting to take the management, other are wanting to keep it. What I am against, is when some are using that to harm Tunisia outside through worldwide media. I did not tell that we live in pradise in Tunisia, but also we have realized a lot of projects and good things. Our duty is to keep our gains.
Many famous people from the opposition are telling, sorry to say, misleading statements. It said that there is no freedom of speech in Tunisia! Let me telling you a story. In the university where I studied, we had a course about freedom, human rights, etc.. The professor is an opposition figure. He was all the time against the tunisian authorities. One day, I rose my hands so he allowed me to talk. I asked him, if he is denying freedom in Tunisia,how was he able to give such course without being censured by the authorities or having problems? I remember his reaction. He became so nervous, shouting in the auditorium, and my friends later , had told me later that during the oral examination, that I did not take because I got my average in his course, if they did not share him his ideas, as he doesnot believe in religion and he is a communist, they did not get good mark. So I am querring the Tunisian oppostion figures, if you are calling for freedom of expression and thoughts, why YOU, you do not accept the opposite view?