dimanche, juin 18, 2006

WORLD CUP IN LEBANON...


My friend from Lebanon has sent me this picture of lebanese balconies and windows putting flags of the participants countries in the WC Germany 2006. It depends on what team are you supporting. The majority of the Lebanese are supporting Brazil, Argentina, Germany and Saudi Arabia. Thousands of Lebanese are attending the different matches in the downtown center of Beirut where a giant screen is established allowing the Lebanese to follow the World Cup.
Many times during the African Nation Cup Tunis 2004, I asked my friends to go and to follow the matches through the giant screen established at that time in Avenue Habib Bourguiba, I believed that that will give another taste specially when celebrating the Tunisian success with thousands of Tunisian people, but they refused. I DO NOT KNOW WHEN THE TUNISIAN MENTALITY AND WAY OF THINKING WILL BE CHANGED.