jeudi, juillet 28, 2005

SUMMIT AND ELECTIONS


Egyptian President Mubarek announced his candidacy for the presidential election next september. "I declare before you, from here, from al-Munufiya governorate, that I intend on applying for nomination so that I can run for the office of president in this coming presidential election." "I will seek to win the trust and support of the people for a new term," he added.
President Mubarek called, then, for an extra arab summit, "I call for an extraordinary Arab summit on Wednesday August 3 in Sharm el-Sheikh, which will be preceded by a meeting of Arab foreign ministers... with a view to reviewing the situation in the Arab world, he said also"I am fully confident that this coming extraordinary summit will be capable of crystallizing a strong Arab position that reflects the determination of the Arab states and peoples to overcome the current challenges, and to achieve the peace and stability that all Arabs long for."